Executive Mosaic is glad to unveil Bob Kipps, co-founder and managing director of KippsDeSanto & Co., as an inductee into the 2017 edition of the Wash100 — Executive Mosaic’s annual selection of influential leaders in the government contracting arena.
He helped establish KippsDeSanto in 2007 to advise aerospace, defense and technology-oriented clients on the financial aspects of merger-and-acquisition, capital investment, leveraged buyout and employee stock ownership plan transactions.
Some of the major GovCon transactions the Tysons, Va.-based firm advised on in 2016 included:
- ManTech’s acquisition of health information technology services contractor Edaptive Systems
- Mission Essential’s acquisition of systems integration and software engineering firm Information Management Technology Corp.
- DLH’s $38.75 million acquisition of health IT and program management services provider Danya
- Ducommun’s $14.6 million sale of the former Miltec A&D technical services business to General Atomics
- Calibre Systems’ acquisition of IT engineering and systems integration firm Fusion Technology
- Magellan Health’s acquisition of behavioral health and specialty services contractor Armed Forces Services Corp.
In an October 2016 interview with GovCon Wire, Kipps viewed 2016 as the year of non-traditional M&A deals for some of the industry’s large players that sought to reach growth goals organically.
“Broadly speaking, the government vertical is moving back into favor compared to other sectors of the economy. That pendulum is moving back to where outsiders are buying in again,” said Kipps.
Kipps subsequently spoke to NewsChannel 8’s “Government Matters” program in November for a discussion on the impact of uncertainty related to the presidential transition on the defense industrial base and the GovCon M&A environment.
Prior to KippsDeSanto’s launch, he held a managing director role for 11 years at the investment banking company now known as Houlihan Lokey.
The nearly two-decade advisory and financial consulting veteran also serves on the board of directors at Information Systems Laboratories and the nonprofit organization Easter Seals Greater Washington-Baltimore Region.
Executive Mosaic congratulates Bob Kipps and the KippsDeSanto team for their selection to receive this award.